- Form Liquid
- Smell Other
- Classification Inorganic Chemicals
- Grade Industrial Grade
- Usage Isopropyl Alcohol substitute for Sheetfed offset printing
- Application Industrial
- Supply Ability : 10000 Liter Per Day
- Click to view more
Price And Quantity
- 100 Liter
- 150.00 - 200.00 INR/Liter
- Industrial Grade
- Isopropyl Alcohol substitute for Sheetfed offset printing
- Inorganic Chemicals
- 10000 Liter Per Day
- 3 Days
- Contact us for information regarding our sample policy
- In 5 Liter, 10 Liter, 25 Liter and 200 Liter container
- All India
Product DescriptionPERMA ALCOX-E
AN ECONOMICAL ISO-PROPYL ALCOHOL SUBSTITUTE
In offset printing technology for better control of ink-water balance, uniform wetting of PS plates and minimum water film thickness on the plate surface, IPA is used in the dampening solution. IPA is supposed to increase the gloss of printing as well as quicker drying of ink film. It is believed that IPA reduces the surface tension of water and thereby helps in achieving the desired quality of printing. Requirement of IPA ranges from machine to machine depending mainly on the type of dampening systems (10% - 25%). In a typical Dahlgren system of dampening IPA requirement is to the tune of 25% of the dampening solutions. Although IPA delivers so many plus points in the printing industry yet it is not free from numerous negative side effects including several health hazard.
- IPA requirement ranges from 10% - 25% of the fountain solution used in the fountain tank thereby involving high cost factor.
- High vapour pressure of IPA leads to continuous evaporation in the environment reducing the alcohol content in the water systems demanding additional dose of IPA for reducing waste, thus more cost again encountered.
- Frequent replenishment of IPA is necessary in the fountain solution to keep the quality upgraded and plates scum free, thus again the cost factor goes on accelerating.
- IPA fumes are very much toxic leading to acute health hazard, mainly headache, breathing problem, loss in temperament for working, nausea etc.
- Due to very low flash point IPA encourages fire hazard in the press room.
- IPA mixed fountain solution has got environmental disposal problem.
- To arrest continuous evaporation of IPA in the solution tank perfect chilling is necessary which overburdens the cost furthermore.
- IPA sometime coagulates the constituents of fountain solution and hence deposition occurs on the rollers and blankets, thus inviting frequent machine downtime for cleaning.
- Due to continuous evaporation of IPA the pressman always faces trouble to control the print quality.
PERMA ALCOX is an economical substitution of IPA delivering the following advantages over IPA:
- PERMA ALCOX-E is free from volatile alcohol hence no evaporation takes place even at ambient temperature in the pressroom so that environment gets free from toxic vapours and fumes.
- It is required only 1.5% - 4% of the total fountain solution, thereby reducing the cost factor drastically.
- PERMA ALCOX-E does not contain IPA traces and other volatile alcohol so continuous replenishment is not at all required. Thus a consistent quality is assisted.
- The flash point of PERMA ALCOX-E is higher hence fire hazard is eliminated.
- Very quick ink-water balance is established and printing is possible with minimum water prompting quite glossy printing.
- No excess foaming is observed in the tank.
- Dampening adjustment is minimized.
Directions for use:
Add 1.5% - 4% (V/V) of PERMA ALCOX-E along with 2% - 4% (V/V) of HINDUSTHAN FOUNT ALCODUCER to replace IPA. It will not change the conductivity reading. Working temperature is 16 deg C +/- 2 deg C.
A ready to use fountain solution may be formulated following the under-mentioned recipe:
- Municipal water of 250-300 ms hardness: 100 litre
- Hindusthan Fount Alcoducer: 2 - 4 Litres
- Perma Alcox-E: 1.5 - 4 Litres
- VOC : 40%
- Boiling Point: More than 185 deg C
- pH: NA
- Specific Gravity: 0.96
- Dosage: 1.5% - 4% (V/V) of water
- Health 1
- Fire 1
- Reactivity 0
- Personal Protection X