- Form Liquid
- Classification Inorganic Chemicals
- Chemical Name Iso Propyl Alcohol Substitues
- Usage Isopropyl Alcohol Substitutes for Sheetfed Offset Printing
- Application Industrial
- Supply Ability : 10000 Liter Per Week
- Click to view more
Price And Quantity
- 200 Liter
- 200.00 - 300.00 INR/Liter
- Isopropyl Alcohol Substitutes for Sheetfed Offset Printing
- Inorganic Chemicals
- Iso Propyl Alcohol Substitues
- 10000 Liter Per Week
- 3 Days
- Contact us for information regarding our sample policy
ISO-PROPYL ALCOHOL SUBSTITUTE
In offset printing technology for better control of ink-water balance, uniform wetting of PS plates and minimum water film thickness on the plate surface, IPA is used in the dampening solution. IPA is supposed to increase the gloss of printing as well as quicker drying of ink film. It is believed that IPA reduces the surface tension of water and thereby helps in achieving the desired quality of printing. Requirement of IPA ranges from machine to machine depending mainly on the type of dampening systems (10% - 25%). In a typical Dahlgren system of dampening IPA requirement is to the tune of 25% of the dampening solutions. Although IPA delivers so many plus points in the printing industry yet it is not free from numerous negative side effects including several health hazard.
WHY PERMA ALCOX:
- PERMA ALCOX is a perfect substitution of IPA delivering the following advantages over IPA:
- PERMA ALCOX is free from volatile alcohol hence no evaporation takes place even at ambient temperature in the pressroom so that environment gets free from toxic vapours and fumes.
- It is required only 1% - 2% of the total fountain solution, thereby reducing the cost factor drastically.
- PERMA ALCOX does not contain IPA traces and other volatile alcohol so continuous replenishment is not at all required. Thus a consistent quality is assisted.
- The flash point of PERMA ALCOX is higher hence fire hazard is eliminated.
- Very quick ink-water balance is established and printing is possible with minimum water prompting quite glossy printing.
- No excess foaming is observed in the tank.
- Dampening adjustment is minimized.
Directions for use:
Add 1% - 2% (V/V) of PERMA ALCOX along with 2% - 3% (V/V) of HINDUSTAN FOUNT ALCOR to replace IPA. It will not change the conductivity reading. Working temperature is 16 deg C +/- 2 deg C.
A ready to use fountain solution may be formulated following the under-mentioned recipe:
- Municipal water of 250-300 ms hardness : 100 litre
- Hindustan Fount Alcor : 2-3 Litres
- Perma Alcox : 1-2 Litre
- VOC: 80%
- Boiling Point: More than 170 deg C
- pH: NA
- Specific Gravity: 0.92
- Dosage: 1-2% (V/V) of water
- Health 1
- Fire 1
- Reactivity 0
- Personal Protection X
- 5 litre container
- 10 litre container
- 25 litre container